What can we do for you?
Smitix Services Ltd., an Information Technology consulting business based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We are dedicated to providing professional, flexible, quality IT services for businesses. With decades of experience using IBM (Lotus) Notes and Domino, we can help you with anything you want to do with Notes. Whether it is getting more out of your investment or migrating the data out and moving to another platform. We have provided Lotus Notes application development, Domino server administration and training services to businesses of all sizes since 1998 and we have experience using Lotus Notes dating back to 1993.
Smitix Services’ services are certifiable and the skills quantifiable! We have provided the following services for corporations and individuals since our inception.
- Lotus Notes application development, support and maintenance.
- Lotus Domino server administration
- Lotus Notes client and Domino server software installation and configuration
- Lotus Notes developer training and mentoring
- Integration of Lotus Notes with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Notes/Domino with SAP and Oracle via LEI
- Lotus Notes Help Desk support.
We have enjoyed working with Notes for a couple of decades now, but newer technologies are in demand and we need to expand our service offerings in order to stay relevant in the ever evolving marketplace.
One of our internal projects will be to migrate this web site to a WordPress template. After spending some time researching various theme options, we’ve found that Elegant Themes has some amazing themes.
We like them so much we’ve joined their affiliate program and recommend their themes to everyone who has or is considering administering a WordPress web site!
These certifications are getting a bit dated now, but it they still come in handy for some clients.
IBM Certified Advanced Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
IBM Certified Advanced Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
R6 Application Development
R5 Application Development
R5 Domino Server Administration
R4 Application Development
R4 Domino Server Administration
Achievements and Projects
In all the businesses we’ve worked with since 1993, we’ve never found one that uses Lotus Notes and Domino to its full potential. One reason that repeatedly comes to light is that fact that many people who use Notes and Domino are unaware of the huge selection of features available to them. The list below is just some of the work we have done with Lotus Notes and Domino. Perhaps it will help you come up with ideas for how it can be used in your business.
- We’ve created mail forms as part of a mail upgrade project that allowed the recipients to automatically gather technical data about their PC and send it back to a central Notes database simply by replying to the message. No questions they could answer, no visits to hundreds of PCs.
- Written technical documentation such as a custom software tool’s User’s Guide and functional requirements documents.
- We’ve created an Excel worksheet as part of an application that supported notebook PCs that had only MS Office and Outlook. The worksheet collected user information via GUI dialog boxes and used VBA to send an XML formatted Notes document via Outlook to a Notes Mail-In database where a Java agent processed the XML and converted it into a valid Notes document. (That was a fun one! In a geeky kind of way).
- We’ve created customized views in the Notes Name and Address Book, a.k.a. the Domino Directory, to allow Domino Administrators to see the information they need at a glance rather than trying to gather and analyze it manually.
- We’ve created a suite of Notes databases that comprised an application which documented, monitored and facilitated management the software development process for an organization. This same principal can be applied to nearly any business unit that would benefit from better visibility and management of a documented process.
- We’ve created a Notes application that pulls information from an Oracle database and presents its own data via NotesSQL for retrieval from a SQL database were analysis of the data will be performed.
- We’ve created web applications that provide Web Services and use Ajax to create a smoother and more timely user experience on the web, doing away with browser page refreshes and stale, static data.
- We’re currently working on migrating data from Notes applications to other systems by creating HTML and PDF versions of documents with accompanying XML meta data files which are then imported into the target system.
More than once we’ve heard, “I didn’t know you could do that with Notes!”. Please contact us for a free consultation if you have any questions about how Lotus Notes and Domino can be used in your business.